- The state share of costs dropped from 15% to 11% while counties increased from 46% to 58%
- The federal share of costs also dropped significantly from 34% to 26%
- Total expenditures decreased 14% from $429 million to $368 million
- Costs for support services went from $83 million to $76 million, down 9%
- Expenditures for placements dropped 24% from $164 million to $125 million
These figures reflect an overall drop of 37% in out-of-home placements. Opinions differ about whether this drop represents improvements in the safety and well-being of children.
For the full report–>Child Welfare and other Children Services Costs